Team building isn’t just for business and companies. It plays a surprising but important role anytime there are groups of people working together to reach a common goal. The team captain of Britain’s Davis Cup-winning national tennis team recently spoke about how crucial team building was for his group.
According to Davis, the eight secrets to team building success are:
- Always maintain eye contact.
- Base difficult decisions on facts, not emotions.
- Let everyone stick to their usual habits and routines.
- Everyone needs to broaden their skillset.
- Never let your work environment go stale.
- Good teams are built on good preparation.
- Encourage the classic principles of hard work and reward.
- Teams don’t work unless everyone is having fun.
You can read more about Leon Smith’s team building secrets and why these are his eight commandments for success here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/leon-smith-eight-team-building-secrets-from-great-britains-davis/
We’d love to know what you think! Do you agree with Leon Smith or do you think his secrets need a little tweaking? Let us know in the comments!